Friday, July 11, 2008

Coram Christo

I don't know what it is about us Reformed folks and Latin. You'd think we'd hate it because it smacks of Rome ;-) Seriously, I was thinking about the phrase "coram Deo" and thought of a slightly different term: "Coram Christo" (before the face of Christ)

2 Cor. 3:18- "But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."

2 Cor. 4:6- "For God, who said, 'Light shall shine out of darkness,' is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ."

Then, I started thinking, "Wouldn't that make a great blog title!" No one has taken it...

And I also thought that Carmen Christi (A Hymn to Christ) would make a great title as well. That is want my life to be...

Eph. 5:18-20 "And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ."

I mean, the current blog title is fine, and I of course still desire to be taught and stable, but...what do you all think? Should I change my blog name?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home